TFG Regional Gathering Update
Timber Framers Guild Regional Gathering – Eastern Canada
The Eastern Canada regional gathering of timber framers is scheduled for Friday, January 30, 2015 (8:30am to 4:00pm), at NSCC Kingstec, Kentville, NS. The event will offer a full day of classroom-based instruction, hands-on learning, peer-to-peer networking, good times, and camaraderie.
Presenters and presentations are:
– Tim Krahn, MSc, P.Eng., LEED AP, Building Alternatives Inc. – Straw Bale Enclosures
– Makaio Maher, B.Sc., Green Timber Works – Square Rule Timber Layout
– Ethan Higgins, BA, Green Timber Works – Timber Hewing Demonstration
– David Pashley, Red Seal Carpenter, Olde Mountain Carpenters – Joint Cutting and Tool Demonstration
– Austin Parsons, B.Sc, MES, SMBT, Dalhousie University Architecture – Historic Timber Framing of Nova Scotia
– Kimberley Reagan, BA, TimberhArt Woodworks – Introduction to Google Sketchup
– Mark Gillis, P.Eng., Gillis & Company Timber Frames – Joinery Decisions
We’ve had interest from folks as far away as Manitoba and the New England, and hope to see a good turn-out from Ontario, Quebec and Vermont! Registration is free, and open to anyone interested in learning more about the craft. Please RSVP to hold your spot by emailing Mark Gillis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Mark Gillis, P.Eng.
Gillis & Company Timber Frames
6240 Summit Street
Halifax, NS B3L 1R7
This entry was posted onMonday, January 19th, 2015 at 2:11 pm and is filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.